Ombeline x 100BON
Today we introduce Ombeline Laurent, a sophrologist, an inspiring woman and 100BON ambassador. You' might have seen her on our Instagram during live sessions.
Sophrology is one of the new players in well-being. This is why we contacted Ombeline in September 2020. At 100BON we truly believe in the power of this method, and we are committed to working hand in hand with Ombeline.
But before starting this interview, we wanted to share a bit of information about sophrology.
Sophrology is a method that aims to find harmony between the physical and the mind. A natural method based on relaxation and breathing, it allows you to mobilize your own abilities: well-being, self-confidence and calm. Sophrology positively energizes the qualities, thoughts and resources of each individuals to help them better develop their potential. This gentle method always relies on breathing, muscle relaxation and visualization of positive images. The most important thing is to listen to your feelings and what your body is telling you.
Hello Ombeline, can you introduce yourself?
I'm Ombeline, soon to be 30 years old, originally from Lille, I lived in Paris for a long time. I worked in digital communication, more specifically in social media strategies. After a 4 months escape on a sailboat with my lover at the time (who's become my husband today), we had a big questioning about our way of life when returning to Paris. This experience on the open sea was the trigger for us to leave urban life and settle in the countryside. Since then, I've lived in a small Norman village, with my feet in the water (never very far from the Seine!), surrounded by flowers, trees, and plants... a haven of peace where we have decided to start our family.
What is your profession ?
Moving to the countryside definitely made me realize that I wanted something else. I had doubts for a long time about my real life purpose when working in a communication agency. When I clearly had a comfortable life, I always felt a need for independence and real human connections. It all really clicked during my first pregnancy and postpartum. After that, I quickly started my reconversion in sophrology. I was very familiar with the technique because I had already done sophrology therapy with an incredible woman. Two years later, my diploma in hand, I became a master practitioner in sophrology & relaxation, settled at home in the Eure with regular visits to Paris.
What is your vision of well-being (personal definition)?
For me, well-being comes from your philosophy of life. This is what sophrology taught me: positive thinking with the Coué method. This thirst for positivity in your daily life really helps you to have a much more stable physical, mental and emotional state. It also helps you get out of an anxiety-provoking or stressful environment more easily. In short, for me, well-being is when you feel good about yourself, and when you accept your emotions such they come (while knowing how to manage them of course).
How did you start sophrology?
I started sophrology at 23 with an incredible therapist in Paris. I learned to manage my stress and above all managed to release past traumas. It was so powerful that I wanted to learn more about this technique by studying it myself 5 years later! So, I spent 2 years at the Cassiopée Institute in Chatou. It was an incredible experience during which I was able to explore complementary tools to sophrology: Bach Flowers and Essential Oils. A revelation !
How do you include sophrology in your daily life?
It's a daily job: several things come to mind.
1. Deep breathing . I do it every hour! Before doing sophrology I tended to be in apnea all the time. Today I lack air when I observe people (not) breathing.
2. Anchoring : it changed my life! Anchoring myself morning, noon, evening, at any time of the day really helps me to fly less, be less tired, etc. Anchoring is the basis!
3. Mindfulness: I do more and more things mindfully: eat, drink, walk, take a shower... It has become an obsession. But I assure you I still have to evolve on this subject (and yes I still too often find my iPhone in my fridge...) A good example to tell you that I still have work ahead!
4. Think positive : I try to stay focused on the positive, to put things into perspective when faced with everyday problems, especially with 3 children at home, it's not always easy. My husband constantly repeats to me: "there is no problem, there are only solutions", am I dreaming or is he the sophrologist?
For you, well-being goes through sophrology?
Clearly yes! As I said before, well-being depends above all on your philosophy of life. Sophrology helps you to develop your positive thinking in your daily life, to break your limiting beliefs, to strengthen your self-confidence but also to manage your emotions including stress. All this together brings you well-being in your daily life, doesn't it?
Smells have the power to make us feel good, bring us to a calm and peaceful emotional state, can you explain why?
To put it simply, we know that the sense of smell is connected to our limbic brain, considered to be the seat of our emotions and memories. I am going to take a few elements from Patty Canac's book "The guide to olfactory emotions" (which I invite you to read if the subject interests you) to explain this: "Smells and emotions are intimately linked, A smell can thus affect our intimate functioning as soon as its first scent tickles our nostrils…. ". “It is noted that breathing in an odor will not only help us to find a single memory but a multitude of others, linked to events experienced at the time when we recorded the odor in question”.
So you understand that breathing a smell that evokes positive memories, distant or recent, allows us to feel calmer, more peaceful. This also explains why it was obvious to me to integrate essential oils into my sophrology practice. Breathing in an odor during a session really helps my clients to anchor themselves more easily, to also relax more deeply and to visualize, especially in sophro-amnesia. (technique to get positive memories).
How did you get to know 100BON?
I was contacted by the communication manager on Instagram in 2020. It was a discovery since I didn't know the brand at all. The same day, I passed by the Seinographe ( holistic concept store engaged in the 9ᵉ arrondissement of Paris ) to visit my future practice office. Coincidentally, Marina was selling 100BON products and told me only good things about them. Indeed, I was seduced by the gorgeous smells, but also by the format of the products: transportable in the handbag, clean design, efficient... I love to be attentive to the synchronicities that we encounter in our lives and this was obvious. I did not hesitate to say yes to receive products and test them at home and in the office.
What does 100BON mean to you?
Modernity, innovation, well-being and accessibility! Everything is there to be seduced by the 100BON concept. One point that I particularly appreciated: the simple communication, without fuss, and above all turned towards nature which is put forward: flowers, plants, tree roots...
What products do you use?
Honestly, I use almost all the products in the Aromachology range, especially in the office. But we all have a product we can't live without. And I have to say that “Let go” and “Sweet Dreams” are my little favorites that I always have on hand.
When do you like to use them?
It is very difficult to answer this question, because I use them both at home and in the office. I will give you several examples:
- Let go : I always use it before my yoga practice: I apply the roll-on to my wrists and I spray the spray around my mat! This allows me to put myself very quickly in my bubble of well-being.
“Let go” is also a favorite of my clients. I tend to spray it in the office to create a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. It's a success every time! This magnolia scent is super powerful and helps my clients feel soothed and relaxed from the first minutes of the consultation. Just talking about it makes my mouth water!
- Here and now : I tend to apply it when I do my “preparatory quintet” (sophrology technique to anchor, refocus and protect yourself between each client in the office). I particularly like it for anchoring because you can really smell the smell of Vetiver which I love!
- Sweet Dreams : Sweet Dreams Spray sits on my bedside table - I use it almost every night as part of my bedtime ritual. Before going to the bathroom, I spray my room, turn on a dim light and close the door tightly. When I go up to bed, the atmosphere is zen like a cozy cocoon and calls for relaxation . And if there you say to yourself, "my partner will never appreciate the smell", know that orange trees are very popular and promote sleep .
- Clear vision : I only use it in roll-on, for example right now, it's the one I have on my wrists to write this article. This Atlas cedar smell is addictive and helps me get my feet on the ground. Peppermint, on the other hand, allows me to be much more concentrated and stay focused on my subject.
Do you have any use advice for use?
It really varies from your needs and wants. Some people prefer the roll-on: simple to use, you apply it to your wrists and then take deep breaths by bringing your forearms towards your face.
Very useful for making your cardiac coherence for example: let go, clear vision, self-confidence, here and now. The format is also practical to carry in your handbag.
As for the spray, it is ideal for diffusing a scent in a room and creating a relaxing environment: sweet dreams, let go, self-confidence.
What perfume would you recommend to someone who doesn't know 100BON?
Let go or self-confidence without hesitation. These are clearly the two favorite products of my customers: 90% buy one of the two roll-ons or sprays. Their scents are captivating and addictive!
A big thank you to Ombeline for this beautiful sharing!