What is "Slow life" ?
A true way of life, Slow Life is based on fundamental values such as love, sharing, nature, authenticity, benevolence and respect. It invites us to take the time to live, to rethink our priorities, to find our own rhythm and to anchor ourselves in space and time. We come back to the essential things in life, we abandon the virtual to reconnect with reality, with nature. We privilege quality over quantity. Advocating an attitude of letting go, Slow life invites us to take our time, to fully appreciate the present moment and our environment.
But make no mistake, living Slow does not imply laziness. It is simply a matter of refocusing on the "essential" things and on our deepest values.
Find your "Slow" rhythm.
In a daily life where everything goes at a hundred miles an hour and where taking time is a luxury, how can you slow down and take a break? Changing your philosophy of life is a transition that takes time. We don't go from a life at the pace of society to a Slow life overnight.
To start doing yourself good, you have to stop and think about your lifestyle and rethink your priorities. Indeed, living Slow means prioritizing your life, shaking up your daily routine in order to enjoy and marvel at simple and authentic things. You will see that your daily life will become softer and more serene.
The Slow Life Commandments.
As we said, living Slow is an art of living, but far from being a utopia, Slow is being implemented little by little and is becoming a practical reality in our daily lives. We give you the tips to start your new life and finally feel good.
- Letting go : in the collective imagination, "letting go" is perceived as a pejorative, as giving up, as giving up on our desires. However, it is quite the opposite! Letting go is a sign of confidence, open-mindedness, courage and wisdom. To summarize, it is to have the ability to be aware and accept that we cannot control everything, to adapt to the different situations that life offers us, to have the strength to move forward and accept the trials, to bring a fresh look on our life. But letting go also means giving yourself time: giving yourself a relaxing break is important to reconnect with yourself. Take the time to rest, to enjoy a walk alone or with someone, a hot chocolate in front of your favorite movie, in short, to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. RELAX.
2. Digital detox : between our smartphones, computers, tablets, TV and connected watches, our attention is constantly solicited by screens. Did you know that screens affect your sleep? Stop using screens with your family or on weekends to rest your mind and enjoy the present moment is essential. You will find calm, serenity and a restful sleep. Small tips: for those who can't manage it, set a time not to exceed or a time range during which you say no to screens. SLEEP WELL.
3. Living in the moment: this means refocusing our mind and attention on the present, on our environment and on what we are doing right now. In fact, focusing our mind on the present moment means fully enjoying the simple and authentic things in life such as a sunrise, having coffee, chatting with friends, cooking. GET ANCHORED.
4. Reconnect with nature : do you know how much time you spend in nature? Far too little time! However, life happens outside, whether in your garden, in a park or in the forest, reconnecting with Nature is important. It allows you to recharge your batteries, to refocus on the essential, to fill up with good energy. You can wait for the weekend to go for a walk or a bike ride, but for the more adventurous, take advantage of the lunch break to get some fresh air, take a break in the park next door, get a breath of fresh air. BREATHE.
5. Work on your creativity : getting your creativity going is beneficial in every way. It allows you to reconnect with yourself, to focus on a task by creating something concrete (a drawing, a sculpture, a piece of furniture). In addition to creating something you like, it will improve your self-esteem (ultra-important). Change your mind and get out of the intellectual activities to create with your hands, try it and above all, trust yourself. TRUST YOURSELF.
6. Do one thing at a time : we often tend to want to do more and more, all at the same time and as fast as possible to be more productive, but doing one thing at a time allows us to focus on the task at hand and to do it with care ! Yes, you have to preserve yourself and give priority to quality over quantity. You will realize that by doing one thing at a time you will be more focused and therefore more efficient. CONCENTRATE
7. Accept that you can't do everything : a day lasts only 24 hours, you have to accept that it is not possible to do everything. This allows you to learn to make choices and prioritize. "Prioritize" is one of the key words of "Slow". Don't stress and don't blame yourself, you can't do everything. Everything in its own time. RELAX.
8. Sharing : one of the pillars of the Slow life is to share, exchange and take the time to be interested in the other. It is important to value your exchanges and rethink your priorities. Create authentic, simple moments of sharing on a daily basis. ENJOY.
To conclude, living Slow is to reconnect to the essential to feel good.
Convinced ? Then what are you waiting for to try the Slow Life ?
Discover our selection of beneficial products.